The recent buzz in the honey products has been royal jelly and there is no doubt that this product needs all the attention that it has been getting off late. Royal Jelly is the result of the secretion of worker honey bees and has been known for having stunning health benefits that can make a lot of difference in our everyday lives. Are you wondering what these health benefits could be? Read on to know more. This magical ingredient is essentially made of 60% to 70% water, 12% to 15% proteins, 10% to 16% sugar, 3% to 6% fats, and 2% to 3% vitamins, salts, and amino acids. However, the composition also is dependent on the place and the flora of the region. It is known to be used by queen bees for nutritional values.
1. Adding immunity: Do you feel easily worn out after some extensive work? A regular dosage of royal jelly can help you feel better with time. It helps in improving the overall body immunity given the fact that it has an extremely high source of rich vitamins and minerals. It also improvises the working efficiency of the body organs and stimulates endurance capacity. The product is highly recommended for children and adults alike. It is also known to bring the hormonal balance in both men and women and also known to fight diseases such as asthma, infertility, chronic fatigue and others.
2. Improved memory: Regular consumption of royal jelly helps in fighting stress and assists in maintaining a healthy life. The composition is said to fight mild depression, enhances good sleeping patterns, regulates blood pressure, and balances the overall nervous system. To add on it is also known to lead to an improved digestive system, and reduces tension. Thus from these facts it is evident that royal jelly not only helps in restoring immunity but also helps in having a relaxed mind that is equally important for a healthy life.
3. Beauty effects: In general all honey related products are highly famous for the skin and hair wonders that they can actually enhance. Royal jelly is known to fight skin relates issues such as dry skin, acne, eczema and dermatosis. It improves in restoring the strength of bones, hair, nails thus leading to flawless skin and hair with natural sheen. It helps in fighting the deteriorating stamina of the bones and thereby avoids bone related problems such as knee pain and rheumatic problems.
4. Menopausal symptoms: Several researches have been carried out to confirm that a regular dosage of royal jelly helps women tackle menopausal stress in a much better manner. The phase known to cause emotional stress and several bodily changes in women was handled with ease with the help of this product.
5. Natural shield: This product also helps in acting as a shield against flu and usual nasal allergies. By using it for a period of 3-6 months it has been noticed that the allergies especially related to pollen such as sneezing, congestion and eye allergies can be reduced. Also being a natural anti-biotic it helps the body in fighting external influences such as sore throat, fever, respiratory issues, and acts as an anti-bacterial. The composition of royal jelly is very rich and hence it also helps in controlling bad cholesterol and helps in maintaining good blood circulation.
6. Anti-bacterial, anti-inflammation: These qualities of royal jelly are known to handle heart diseases as studies show that regular administration of royal jelly suppressed the pro-inflammatory compounds. This leads to act as a combatant against heart diseases and even Alzheimer’s.
Dosage: Royal Jelly is one of best-suited supplements that helps in improving the health of the mind and the body equally. Ideally 10ml – 20ml of the liquid extract every day is recommended. However an opinion is always advised when administrating the same to children. Fresh royal jelly must always be stored in a cool and dry place.
Even though royal jelly is a great supplement several research studies are being conducted to prove that it can even cure cancer, infertility and diabetic foot ulcers. The conclusions are still being worked upon for more concrete determination of the found results. There are hardly any side effects noted for consumption of royal jelly. However care must be taken that it should not be provided to infants, people with allergy to bee products. It is advised to start with weekly doses and then makes it more regular.